Connect RUM Work to RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API to start communicating with customers over WhatsApp.
RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API for Developers allows you to connect your WhatsApp to RUM Work easily. It doesn't require approval from WhatsApp and only takes a few minutes to integrate both platforms. So, you don't have to wait to communicate with your customers on WhatsApp using the RUM Work platform.
Simply follow the below steps to create a RUM Work RUM Channel for WhatsApp.
You can use either WhatsApp Business or Personal number to utilize the RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API.
Now, to connect RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API to RUM Work, you need to create a channel. This will allow you to communicate with customers over WhatsApp from RUM Work. To do that, first,
- Login to RUM Work.
- Then, go to Channels.
- There, click Configure for the Whatsapp channel. Or you can click, Create Channel if there are already channels.
Upon clicking the Configure button, a popup will appear asking for a few details to finish creating the channel.
The details are,
- Title = you can set the title as you want to recognise the channel.
Once you've got all the details, head back to RUM Work, and enter them where they're needed.
You need to repeat the steps to copy and paste the details one by one, individually. First, for the Product ID, then Token, and in the end, Phone ID.
After entering all the details, you can click Finish, and that's it; you've created the RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API channel.
Created RUM Unofficial Channel
However, it's not connected to the WhatsApp account you're using. So, for that, you need to follow a few more steps.
- Click on the Details button on your channel.
This will open the Phone Settings where you can see the WHATSAPP WEB banner.
QR Code to Connect WhatsAPP to RUM Work
You need to scan the code visible in the banner from your mobile application. Follow the below steps to learn how to scan a QR code in WhatsApp to use it on a computer.
- 2.Tap the QR icon (top right corner) displayed next to your name.
- 3.Select SCAN CODE.
- 4.Hold your device over the QR code to scan.
- 5.An alert will appear, Device login code detected, select CONTINUE.
- 6.Click LINK A DEVICE.
- 7.And scan the code again to complete the linking.
After successfully linking your WhatsApp to RUM Work RUM API Channel, you'll be able to see your WhatsApp conversations.
WhatsApp Web Screen in RUM Work
And that's it; you've created a WhatsApp Channel in RUM Work using the RUM Unofficial WhatsApp API.
You'll see the Connected status in your Channels window, ensuring you can now communicate with your customers through the RUM Work Chat interface.
Utilise additional settings of the RUM API channel to optimize its use.
The Phone Settings of the RUM API Channel lets you align the WhatsApp API correctly. To access it, go to Details on the channel.
This will open the following window with the WhatsApp screen and other controls.
Here, you can view the Channel ID and copy it using the Copy icon.
Phone Settings Other Controls
Other controls let you perform actions as follows,
- = Restart API Instance: Use it to Refresh the connection.
- = Sync Contacts.
- = Sync Messages.
- = Logout: Use it to log out from the current WhatsApp connection.
- = Delete Channel.
Through WhatsApp chat, if you want to process orders and payments, you can utilize the WhatsApp Store Settings. To access the controls, click on Store Settings.
This will open the following window with several fields and options.
The options available are,
- Select Payment Partner - This allows you to choose the payment processor.
- Select Default Currency - What currency do you want to charge your customers: USD or HKD.
- Test Mode or Live Mode - The payment processor offers Live and Test Mode keys. Using this option, you can put the store on either Live or Test mode. If you're testing the payment processor, use the Test mode and its keys. Otherwise, choose the Live Mode.
If you've selected Yedpay as your Payment Partner, you'll get the following fields:
If you've selected Mpay as your Payment Partner, you'll get the following fields:
- Select Language - In what language do you want to enter Mpay details: English/Traditional Chinese/Simplified Chinese.
- Mpay Merchant ID - Based on the mode, enter your Merchant ID.
- Mpay Terminal ID - Based on the mode, enter your Terminal ID.
- Mpay Secure ID - Based on the mode, enter your Secure ID.
- Payment Success Message.
- Payment Failed Message.
- Payment Default Message.
Use the above fields to send customers pre-defined messages based on the payment status.
Once you're done with the customization, click Save Payment Settings.
Different customers often reach out with the same queries, and answering them repeatedly could become overwhelming. Therefore, create Message Templates, and when customers reach out, simply use them.
To create your message templates, click on Manage Templates.
A new window will appear with a Create Message Template button.
Simply click on it and it will bring a popup to create the template.
Here, name your template. Insert placeholders to personalise the message. Edit the message or fill the text around placeholders. Use a File, and even provide customers with an option to unsubscribe.
Once done with the template, click Save, and it will be shown to the message templates library.
- Edit - It provides you with the option to change Channel Name; Add Webhook URL and Disconnection Alert Emails.
- Delete - Simply delete the channel.
- Mark as Default - You'll see this particular channel as the primary channel in the Chat.
- Copy Channel ID - Copy Channel ID without opening the Phone Settings.